There are many foods that can naturally raise testosterone levels. Firstly, foods high in saturated fat or cholesterol such as meat and eggs should be avoided if you’re looking to boost testosterone levels. Secondly, foods high in sugar, such as desserts should also be avoided if you are trying to boost testosterone levels naturally. Foods high in protein or calcium, such as fish and dairy can be a great way to naturally increase your testosterone levels.
It’s important to note that foods like sugar and dairy can still be consumed on a daily basis but they should only be eaten in smaller quantities rather than in large quantities. There is a lot of research going into the correlation between low testosterone and different foods so it is recommended for people to experiment with different foods until they find foods that do improve their testosterone levels.
The foods below are foods that should be included in your healthy diet to ensure you’re consuming foods with the best nutritional profile for the natural raising of testosterone:
- Increase protein intake by eating foods such as beef, pork, chicken, and eggs
- Increase calcium intake by drinking milk or taking a supplement containing calcium since studies have shown that dairy products can increase free testosterone levels.
However, it is important to avoid drinking large amounts of milk because too much calcium can lead to constipation and other intestinal issues which could deplete your body’s natural levels of testosterone.
- Eat foods high in zinc such as oysters, red meat, and legumes. Zinc is an essential mineral that is important to several bodily functions including the synthesis of testosterone. Foods high in zinc can help boost testosterone levels by nearly 150%!
- Lower your intake of foods containing phytoestrogens by avoiding foods like soybeans, lentils, and tofu. It is believed that foods containing phytoestrogens can block testosterone receptors hence lowering your levels of free testosterone.
- 1 How to increase natural testosterone production
- 2 Can Vitamin D supplements help boost Testosterone production?
- 3 Other foods for low testosterone
How to increase natural testosterone production
It’s important to note that foods high in saturated fats or cholesterol are bad for you since they raise the risk of developing heart conditions. Foods high in sugar should also be avoided due to the fact that they have been linked to several different diseases. Foods high in sugar spike your insulin levels which can lead to a roller coaster of hormonal changes and erratic energy levels throughout the day.
It’s advisable for men looking to naturally boost testosterone levels to consume foods or herbs that are rich in zinc and magnesium, such as oysters, red meat, and legumes.
It is also important to eat foods that have a lower glycemic index since foods with a high glycemic index are foods that cause your blood sugar levels to spike.
Foods with a low GI help stabilize your blood sugar levels which will, in turn, improve testosterone production for hours after you’ve eaten them.
Examples of foods rich in zinc and magnesium include:
- Oysters are high in minerals such as zinc, magnesium and selenium. They also contain many other essential nutrients including vitamin D which is needed for testosterone production.
Oysters are popular foods among people who want to boost their natural levels of testosterone because they are said to naturally increase your sex drive. It is recommended that you consume foods rich in zinc on a daily basis but it’s important not to overindulge since foods high in zinc can cause intestinal issues if consumed in large amounts.
- Legumes are foods with a low glycemic index and they produce no drastic spike or drop in your blood sugar levels so they can help you boost your testosterone levels. Legumes are foods that you can eat a lot of on a daily basis and there isn’t a major risk of overeating them since they don’t cause any drastic changes in blood sugar levels.
- Red meat is rich in foods with high zinc and magnesium content which are foods essential for natural testosterone production. Red meat has a low glycemic index so you can eat foods rich in red meat and have foods with a lower GI without having to worry about your testosterone levels dropping.
- Tuna fish are foods that help boost your natural testosterone levels since they are foods high in zinc and magnesium which can naturally boost your testosterone levels. However, it’s important for you to avoid foods that have mercury in them since foods with high levels of mercury may have adverse effects on your testosterone production.
It’s advisable to consume foods rich in zinc, magnesium, and selenium on a regular basis since they can help naturally boost your testosterone levels without any negative side effects.
However, it is important for you to avoid foods containing phytoestrogens since foods containing phytoestrogens can block your testosterone receptors and lead to lower levels of free testosterone.
Can Vitamin D supplements help boost Testosterone production?
Take a step outside in the sunshine and you will be exposed to natural vitamin D, which is one of the few foods that are known to help boost testosterone levels.
All foods that contain Vitamin D have been linked to increased production of testosterone, which makes them the foods for low testosterone. They are usually foods such as:
Blue Iceberg Lettuce
Blue Iceberg lettuce is one of the foods that are best for boosting testosterone levels. This includes any foods in which it is the main ingredient, not just mixed salads. It has been known to have a positive effect on testosterone production by as much as 300%.
The reason behind this being that blue iceberg lettuce contains phytochemicals that are believed to help balance hormone levels.
Green tea has been used as a natural remedy for boosting testosterone since the 17th century, and it still is today.
This is due to the fact that green tea contains natural antioxidants that have been proven in studies to stimulate testosterone production. It can also help prevent muscle losses by burning fat, making it one of the foods for low testosterone.
These foods have been proven to help boost levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) in men. These foods stimulate LH which is then converted into testosterone by the testes. It has also been shown that foods containing sesame seeds help lower estrogen so can prove effective foods for low testosterone.
Other foods for low testosterone
Foods that contain a lot of dairies are foods high in calcium and milk have been proven to help increase levels of estrogen, which helps balance out the imbalances in testosterone levels by doing this.
These fruits can help boost testosterone levels and help in the development of healthy testes.
These foods are foods that contain high amounts of zinc, which is needed to produce testosterone.
These foods belong to the group foods rich in antioxidants. These foods are very effective foods for raising natural testosterone levels because they include a number of phytochemicals that are believed to increase the production of this hormone by as much as 120%.
This food belongs to the foods for low testosterone because it contains high levels of zinc, which helps boost the production of this hormone by as much as 40%.
Whey Protein Powder
These foods are foods that contain high amounts of BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which is a vital amino acid needed to produce muscle and also help raise levels of testosterone.
These foods belong to the foods for low testosterone on because they contain properties that have been proven to increase sperm volume and quality. They are also foods for raising natural testosterone levels by as much as 41%.
The foods belonging to this food group are foods that are rich in antioxidants, which help raise the natural production of testosterone by 23%.
These foods belong to foods rich in Vitamin C. It has been proven that foods with a lot of Vitamin C help lower levels of estrogen.
There are foods belonging to foods high in antioxidants. These foods help boost testosterone levels by as much as 23%.
These foods belong to foods rich in zinc. The foods for low testosterone contain large amounts of zinc which have been proven to him production rates by up to 40%.
These foods are foods high in zinc. Foods that need a lot of zinc to produce are foods for raising natural testosterone levels by as much as 40%.
Fish – Omega 3 Rich Foods
These foods are rich in omega 3 fats. They help lower the production of estrogen and help boost the production of testosterone levels by up to 20%.
Grapes- foods rich in antioxidants foods for low testosterone
These foods belong to foods rich in antioxidants foods for low testosterone. Foods that are rich in antioxidants help lower the generation of estrogen and also help raise levels of natural testosterone by as much as 23%.
Kidney Beans – foods for low testosterone foods high in iron fruits to increase natural testosterone levels
These foods contain a lot of iron foods to increase natural levels of testosterone by foods rich in healthy fats foods for low testosterone. Iron foods raise the natural production of this hormone to help you build muscle mass.
The foods and foods listed above are foods that can help raise natural testosterone levels. Healthy men should have their testosterone levels medically reviewed and keep a check on their overall health.